Beronet BNFOS110 Failover Switch with 1 1 0V
Disasters in a communication network are often very difficult to predict and
there is usually a very small advance notice when a communication line goes down.
bero*fos provides an effective way for dealing with such unexpected events by
re-routing the lines to a back-up line when undesirable changes are detected.
Therefore beroNet provides bero*fos, a solution device for Asterix Clustering
and failover scenarios that requires a physical reconnection of analogue, BRI or
PRI lines. Two failover scenarios, Failover and Bypass mode, are supported as
described in figure 1 and figure 2:
The failover scenario grants the smooth and reliable operation of two PBXs side
by side, where the second one will be switched to active only after the failure
of the first one in order to reduce downtime to a minimum (see figure). This
scenario is not only interesting in failure situations, it could also be used in
cases of maintenance, repair or upgrade of your telecommunications equipment.
The bypass scenario is interesting for customers who want to keep their old
telephone system and add new functionlalities by adding a new PBX in front of
the old one (eg by an Asterisk system). With the bypass scenario you have the
opportunity to add a new PBX between the PSTN Lines and the outgoing Lines of
the old PBX system. In the case of a failover, the PSTN Lines will transparently
reconnected to the existing old PBX (see figure).
Bero*fos provides two additional switchable powerports on the rear, which can be
used to reboot the connected devices by remote control. All features and
settings can easily be managed via a web browser. The Bero*fos can be accessed
via Syslog and an API for custom applications
• 4 x 4 RJ45 ports to switch up to 4 BRI (8BRI with BN8S0 card) or 4 PRI
• All 8 pins of each RJ45 are switched
• Failover and bypass mode scenarios
• Fully controleable over TCP/IP or web interface with 10/100 Base Ethernet
• Onboard watchdog for automatic failover switching
• Onboard e-mail notification in failover cases
• Syslog output to control the device for individual customer applications
• Two switchable powerports on the rear for reboot purposes
• Version: 110V